La Crosse White Privilege Symposium 2021
December 3 and 4, 2021, La Crosse Center
WPSLAX21 Attendee Hub - Enter Here
WPSLAX21 Virtual Attendee Guide
Virtual workshops will be recorded and available for all paid attendees for 21 days following the event.
A FULL COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result (dated after 5 pm on November 30, 2021 or later) will be required to attend WPS La Crosse in person. If you register to attend in person - you can modify it to attend virtually at no charge until December 1, 2021.
TPI is committed to family safety, wearing masks, social distancing & sanitizing throughout our events.
Thank you to our Partners!
Symposium Host Planning Committee Members (responsibilities bolded):
Past Committee Members
- Laura Abellera (She/Her/Hers) is a Social Responsibility Speak team member at UWL faculty. Workshops
- Kristi Bechtel (She/Her/Hers) is a Comprehensive Community Services Program Service Facilitator at La Crosse County. Marketing/Advertising/Outreach and Volunteer Coordination, Sponsorship
- Carrie Bergum is a Retired Spanish Teacher in the Holmen School District. Carrie attended WPC in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2009.
Scheduling and Sponsorship
- Amanda Dotson (She/Her/Hers) is the Director of Program Development at the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault in Madison, WI.
Social Media, Dane County & Madison Area Marketing Liaison, Scheduling
- Alyssa Gostonczik (She/Her/Hers) is the Assistant Director of Internships in the Career Services Office at Viterbo University.
On-stage Announcer, Sponsorship, Scheduling
- Thomas Harris (He/Him/His) is Assistant Director of the Office of Multicultural Student Services at University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (UWL). Thomas has attended every WPC since 2004. Host Committee Leader
- Josh Hertel (He/Him/His) is an Associate Professor in the Mathematics and Statistics Department at the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (UWL) with expertise in the teaching and learning of mathematics. Facility Coordination, Budget, Sponsorship
- Elizabeth Janvrin (She/Her/Hers) is an Educator Coach at Head Start.
Program Booklet and Workshop Presenter Outreach
- Steve Minnema is a retired Presbyterian minister. Workshop Presenter Outreach
- Eddie Moore Jr., PhD, Founder & Executive Director for The Privilege Institute
- Melissa Murray (She/Her/Hers) is the principal at Lincoln Middle School in La Crosse.
Youth Action Project (YAP) Coordinator
- Jenni Oliver, Institute Operations & Social Equity Advancement for The Privilege Institute
- Raj Ramnarace, Law Enforcement instructor at Western Technical College. Public Safety Liaison
- Arlette Rodriguez-Miller (She/Her/Hers) is the Executive Director at the Greater La Crosse Area Diversity Council (GLADC).
On-stage Announcer, Volunteer and Hotel Accomodation Coordination
- Pat Ruda (She/Her/Hers) is the Justice & Peace Promoter at Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (FSPA).Pat attended WPC in 2019.
Food & Beverage and Volunteer Coordination
- Michael Slevin (He/Him/His) is the University Centers Assistant Director at the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (UWL). Michael attended WPC in 2010. Facility Coordination, Budget, Sponsorship, Scheduling, AV, Workshop Presenter Outreach
- Mark Solyst (He/Him/His) is a Senior Pastor at English Lutheran Church in La Crosse.
Complimentary Logistics and Workshop Presenter Outreach
- Bridget Todd-Robbins (She/Her/Hers) is the Youth System of Care Administrator at La Crosse County’s Washburn Corner. Bridget attended WPC in 2014. Youth Action Project (YAP) Coordinator
- Scott Tyink (He/Him/His) is a Consultant for Educators Specializing on Classroom Equity, Social and Emotional Learning at The Origins Program in MPLS, MN. Personal and Professional Development Coordination, Sponsorship
- Dodie Whitaker (She/Her/Hers) is a Singer/Educator/Song Activist. Entertainment Coordination
Past Committee Members
- Ebony Hyter (She/Her/Hers) is a Community Health Worker at St. Claire Mission.
- Karissa Sanchez Traun (She/Her/Hers) was a Family Medicine resident at Gundersen Health System.